Kid City is open every Sunday morning for children in 5th grade and younger (6th grade and up are part of the Calvary Student Ministry). Adult leaders in Kid City love Jesus and love using their gifts to inspire children to become whole-hearted followers of Jesus Christ.
Our Philosophy for Children's Ministry
Kid City teaches children Bible lessons and stories in the context of The Gospel Project. Children can see that Jesus is the center of the Bible. This Christ-centered approach to teaching helps us to keep the Gospel at the center of our ministry and serves as a constant reminder to the children (and the adults) that we can be confident in Jesus and His work on our behalf.
In addition to being Gospel-saturated, we pursue the following values.
- Parent Involvement
- Creative Worship
- Wisdom and Knowledge
- Community and Relationships
Kid City is divided into three departments:
- The Park: Newborn - 3 years
- The Boulevard: 4 years - Kindergarten
- The Refinery: 1st - 5th grade
All three departments meet in fun, engaging, clean, and safe environments.
In the Park, infants and young children are lovingly cared for while you attend the service to worship the Lord. There are four nursery rooms that provide care:
- Bunnies, 0 - 12 months
- Lady Bugs, 12 - 24 months
- Hedgehogs, 2 - 3 year olds
- Dragon Flies, 3 - 4 year olds
Age appropriate Bible lessons are taught in our Lady Bug, Hedge Hog, and Dragon Fly classes.
By the time a child graduates from The Park, our hope is that they know and understand the following:
- Jesus loves them
- We can praise Jesus by singing
- A basic understanding of Bible characters
In the Boulevard, pre-school and kindergarten age children engage in worship, creative activities, exciting Bible lessons, snacks, and small group sharing & prayer.
By the time a child graduates from The Boulevard, our hope is that they have a working understanding of the following:
- Jesus is the center of the Bible
- Confidence in God because of Jesus
- Silent and audible prayer
- Sharing life with others
- Serving others
- Gaining wisdom from adults
In the Refinery, elementary age children engage in worship, engaging drama, interactive Bible lessons, and small group sharing & prayer.
By the time a child graduates from The Refinery, our hope is that they have a working understanding of the following.
- Sharing the Gospel with others
- Sincerely seeking God in prayer
- Worshipping God in Song
- Sharing Life With Others
- Serving Others
- Gaining Wisdom from Adults